What is Search Engine Marketing and Online Marketing?
Search Engine Marketing (SEM):
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is basically promoting your website or online business by taking help of one the search engines available in the market (google, yahoo, bing, etc) and paying them for the traffic they are bring to your website.
SEM works on two pricing models:
- PPC (Pay Per Click): This is one of the most popular pricing model in SEM. In this pricing model as an business owner we only pay search engine when a click occurs on our sponsored Ad link.
- CPM (Cost Per Impressions): In this pricing model we have to pay per impression, not on clicks.
SEM refers to placing ads just on search engines.
Online advertising brings in a wide variety of options to advertise online. The possibilities of online advertising include placing ads on nearly any type of website or page a user might browse, such as news, blogs, reviews, entertainment, online magazines, and marketplaces. In AdWords, these other sites make up the Google Display Network.
What is Google Adwords?
Google Adwords is google’s advertising platform which is available to all of those who want to advertise themselves via Google Network.
As we all know that google is the most used search engine on internet and talking about google adwords , we can definetly say that if you want to advertise online than Google AdWords is the best platform available.
Google Network is divided into two parts:
- Search Network.
- Google Display Network.
The Search Network includes Google search result pages, result pages, pages related to search results, and site directory pages on search partner sites like AOL, and other Google search sites like Google Images, Maps, and Shopping.
Figure 1.0 How & where Ads appear in Google Search (i.e. Search network)
Google Display Network
A group of thousands of websites and apps where your ads can appear. Sites in this network have partnered with Google to show relevant AdWords ads.
Your ads can be automatically matched to websites and other placements like mobile phone apps, when your keywords are related to the sites’ content. You can also choose specific sites or pages about specific topics in our network where you’d like your ad to show. Other more advanced targeting options are also available.
Benefits of advertising with Google
- Reach the customer at the very moment they are searching for products or services offered by you.
- Google AdWords provide you with tools and services through which you can fully control your advertising campaign and budget.
- Utilize the reach of google. More than 70% of internet users around the world use google or one of the partner site to a search for there queries.